Learn How to Remove Tonsil Stones – You Can Banish Tonsil Stones Forever
Tonsil stones can be very painful, but knowing how to remove tonsil stones on your own can bring quick relief without medication or surgery. If you are suffering bad breath with no apparent cause and a sore throat with some swelling, you may be experiencing tonsil stones. While it may seem like a complicated process, you can learn how to get rid of tonsil stones is often very easy and can be done in your own home.
What You Will Need to Learn How to Remove Tonsil Stones
Before learning how to remove tonsil stones, you must first learn what you will need to complete the process. Gather the following before you start:
- Cotton swabs. These are simple swabs that can be bought at any grocery store or drug store, usually in the baby aisle.
- An oral irrigator. This could be a turkey baster or a squirt bottle, filled with room temperature water.
- A mirror. This can be the mirror on your wall or a cosmetic mirror; ensure it is one you can get close to and that offers a clear reflection.
- A flashlight. The best tool is a small flashlight with an LED bulb for a sharp, pointed light that will fully illuminate the inside of your mouth and give you a clear view of your throat.
- Oxygenating mouthwash. This rinse will soothe your tender tonsils and promote healing and relief.
How to Get Rid of Your Tonsil Stones
Once you have gathered the supplies you need, you can following tips that will walk you through your process:
- Using lukewarm water, soak your cotton swab. It should be very wet but not dripping.
- Stand close to your mirror if you are using a wall mirror. If you are using a hand mirror, you will need to hold the mirror and the flashlight in the same hand to get a clear view of your throat.
- Gently use your cotton swab to brush out the crevices in your tonsils. Be careful not to push on the stones, as doing so could lodge them even deeper into the tonsils.
- Once you have swept away the stones, you will have learned how to get rid of tonsil stones.
- Rinse with oxygenating mouthwash once you are comfortable that all stones have been removed.
Another Route to Take
If this procedure is not successful or if using a cotton swab causes you to gag, you will find that there is more than one way to learn how to get rid of tonsil stones. You can try this process with water instead of a swab.
- Fill your oral irrigator with lukewarm water.
- Looking in the mirror, open your mouth very wide and identify the tonsil stones.
- If you are using an automatic oral irrigator, turn on the device and set it on low.
- Use your oral irrigator to flush out the stones.
- Rinse with oxygenating mouthwash.
Using these non-invasive procedures, you will find that knowing how to remove tonsil stones at home will save you a lot of pain, trouble, and money.